I just wanted to share this information with anyone that may be having the same issue. I know it's probably not a common issue, but if you work in a big organization like I do and are forced to support older IE browsers, this post may save you some headaches and time.
When I try running my Selenium test against IE10, I get this odd error for all my tests:
Like I said, my application has to support IE10 — even though Microsoft doesn't even support it anymore. So upgrading to IE 11 was not an option. After trying everything I could think of I finally found the issue.
It seems that Selenium Internet Explorer Driver Server and IE 10 version 10.0.9200.17148 don't play well together. I tried numerous IEDriverServer.exe versions to see if it was a driver version issue but had the same issue regardless of which IEDriverServer I used. (FYI: I ended up using version 22.214.171.124.)
Workaround for Selenium IE10 Issue
Since Microsoft doesn't support IE 10 anymore I had a heck of a time finding another IE 10 version that I could test to see if the version made a difference.
On the off chance that you are also experiencing this issue, I've save the IE10 installed in my Downloads section so you don't have to go hunting the internet to find a copy.
Hope this helps someone!