Windows 10: What Testers Need to Know
Microsoft is about to release Windows 10, which many are describing as a game changer due to a bunch of innovative new features including a virtual reality headset called HoloLens and a new web browser named Spartan. Windows 10 will also have a host of new APIs that will allow developers to create applications that can run across multiple platforms.
Are you ready to test Windows 10? Get an early start and listen to discover what Windows 10 means for testers.
About Jeffery Martin
Jeffery is an engineer at SmartBear supporting QAComplete and TestComplete.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
- Windows 10 will include a new browser named Spartan. The browser will have a new rendering engine, a new look and feel, work with Cortana, and will have a note-taking mode and a reading mode
- Why we need to get ready for continuous testing across multiple platforms
- VBScript is dead
- Windows 10 new features to date include:
- Continuum mode — a UI swapping feature for dual PC and touchscreen devices
- Cortana – Microsoft’s version of Siri for the desktop
- Spartan will be the default browser
- Complete Xbox One integration
- Universal Windows Apps
- Built-in messaging support for IP-based systems
- Windows 10 APIs
- Get ready for API testing – Windows 10 comes with a bunch of new APIs
- HoloLens is a hands-free, virtual reality headset that supports voice, gesture and gaze interfaces
- Much, much more!
- Download Windows 10 Technical Preview
- About Windows 10
- Wired Interview with Satya Nadella
- SmartBear's Webinar on Windows 10
- Twitter: @Jeffmart10
- SmartBear’s Blog: http://blog.smartbear.com/
- SmartBear’s home site: http://smartbear.com/
- Jeffrey LinkedIn
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Special offer for TestTalks listeners, get 20 hours of automated testing for free when you sign-up with promo code testtalks14 (more info).
I recently stumbled upon your podcast and have been listening to a few episodes while on my daily commute. I’ll definitely try and catch up with all episodes in the coming weeks.
Keep up the great work! I’ve written a short blog post to promote your podcast on my own site:
It might just get you an extra listener or two..
Thanks Bas –I appreciate it and thanks for giving a plug on your web site OneTestAutomation! I love learning about other test automation web site so I’ve added yours to my favorites. Look forward to hearing more from you. Cheers~Joe
Thanks Joe, Jeffery.
I hope that the excitement over the MS new browser will not fall
under “triumph of hope over experience”.
Not related to the subject, is it just me or everyone at SmartBear seems to be extra nice and helpful?
(As a former client, I had my share of contact with their account management and support as well)
Very interesting discussion. It is very important to understand windows 10 changes. Interesting and challenging times ahead for Testers.