I’d like to make a big announcement! It was announced late last week that Selenium 3.0 has been officially released. This is huge.
In this week’s episode, I’ll break down everything you need to know about Selenium 3, as well as give you a glimpse into Selenium’s future. After listening, you will know how Selenium 3 will impact your automation efforts, as well as some things to watch out for — so don’t miss it!
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
- The Selenium Server is needed in order to run Remote Selenium WebDriver. Selenium 3.X is no longer capable of running Selenium RC directly, rather it does it through emulation and the WebDriverBackedSelenium interface
- Leg-RC was created to help you migrate from Selenium RC to the new WebDriver API so a least you can compile your test and get them running but you will not be a able to create new tests using Selenium RC with the latest version of Selenium 3.0
- When W3C standard is accepted Browser Vendors own their own Drivers! So implementing goes from open-source group to the companies that are most familiar with the way the browsers work. Enable to create their own implementation to integrate into the browser in a way that anyone outside of those browser vendors would be able to do.
- Migrating from Selenium RC to Selenium 3
- Migrating the herd – How Salesforce is migrating 35,000 Selenium RC tests
- Automation Guild
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Test Talks is sponsored by the fantastic folks at Sauce Labs. Try it for free today!