FREE UFT API TRAINING
About a month ago I gave a webinar for the VIVIT HP UFT group on The Basics of API testing Using HP's Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
Since then I've received a few emails asking me to rerecord the webinar because of the bad quality of the VIVIT recording. You asked for it — here it is. I broke the webinar down into two videos.
Why API testing is so important
In this video I basically cover what I went over in my previous blog post, The GUI is no longer king – Why API Testing is so important.
The Basics of API Testing using HP's UFT API In this video I gave a hands-on demo on using UFT API for:
- How to test a Web Service
- How to data drive a test
- How to pass data between UFT API activities
- How to create a checkpoint
- How to create custom code
- How to test a rest service
More UFT API Automation Awesomeness
For more UFT API automation awesomeness, tips, tricks and how-tos, check out my new book The UFT API Testing Manifesto – A step-by-step, hands-on testing guide for the masses, now available on Amazon.com!
I recently updated the UFT API Testing Manifesto to include more examples plus three new chapters.
Don't own a Kindle? No problem — you can still read my UFT API book!
I'm aware that some of you have had trouble accessing my books in the past. The truth is that you don't need a Kindle! There are a variety of free ways you can read my (or any) Kindle eBook:
- Read it on your PC or Mac (Kindle Cloud Reader)
- Read it on your iPhone or iPad (iTunes App)
- Read it on your Android (Kindle for Android)
- Read it on your Blackberry (Kindle for Blackberry)
In short, it's really simple to read Amazon Kindle books, no matter which type of device you use to access the Internet.