Shift-Left with HP's LeanFT
This episode is all about how HP's new test tool LeanFT can help you and your company with your Shift-left efforts. LeanFT was developed to handle the modern automation demands of things like continuous testing and dev-ops. You'll discover the top five features of LeanFT and how to accelerate your LeanFT scripting efforts
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
- With LeanFT you can easily use the same test script against Chrome, Firefox and IE browsers
- What’s really cool is that LeanFT actually fits into the developer’s ecosystem, so you can use the same tools that your developers use to create automation scripts. With more and more companies making the shift left of focusing on quality from day on one of a project to make sure that defects are found as soon as possible using the same tools as your develops will hopefully start collaboration between your teams and get everyone talking about quality sooner rather than later.
- In all my years of testing I don’t think I’ve ever have been able to convince a developer to install and use VBScript in QTP or UFT
- Selenium is a fine tool for browser based automation but using LeanFT gives you the added benefit of having access to HP’s Windows-based technologies that Selenium does not provide. This is important because if you work for a large enterprise like I do many test I create require non-browser based application for some of our end-to-end workflows
- Out of the box LeanFT integrated with jUnit, MsTest and Nunit
- Much, much more! Listen now.
- Video- How to use LeanFT with C# and Visual Studio
- Advanced Cross-Browser Testing with Applitools and LeanFT
- Online LeanFT webite
- HP LeanFT and Unified Functional Testing 12.5 now Available
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Special offer for TestTalks listeners, get 20 hours of automated testing for free when you sign-up with promo code testtalks14 (more info).