QuickTest Professional/Unified Functional Testing Object Recognition Issues
What do you do when QTP or UFT doesn’t automatically recognize an object in your application? I know how frustrating this can be. Before you give up, in my experience, these are the first ten things you should try/check:
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
Top ten things to try to fix UFT/QTP object recognition issues:
- Check the loaded add-ins
- Research – Check HP's or SQAForums
- Make sure there is not a path available that helps
- Record and Run Settings
- Using .Object
- Developers are your friends
- Low-level recording
- Try GetVisibleText
- Insight recording
- 6 things to try when QTP does not recognize an object
- UFT 11.5 – Top 5 New Feature you are going to love
- Fix QTP .NET recognition issues
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.