The Top 6 Test Automation Anti-Patterns You Should be Scared of
Does your company practice some wicked test automation anti-patterns that make your skin crawl? Do you feel like you are surrounded by mindless, automation- ignorant zombies?
Grab your silver bullets, crucifix and holy water as we take a look at the horror of the top six automation anti-patterns. Discover how to drive a wooden stake into the heart of these evil practices and rid your tests of them forever.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
The top 6 automation anti-patterns are:
- Record and Playback
- Not planning your test framework approach before you begin coding
- Not making your test framework maintainable by separating your framework out into layers
- Over automating — creating more and more test automation scripts even if your current tests are not reliable
- Not having a test data management plan in place
- Treating automation as a checkbox for your definition of “done”
- Can Automaton Do Actual Testing?
- Review – Creating an Automated Testing Framework with Selenium
- 03: John Sonmez : Creating an Automated Testing Framework With Selenium
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Fowler))
Connect with Joe
- Joe’s Blog
- TestTalks Feedback – feedback[@]testtalks.com
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.