The Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook
In this episode, you’re going to be served up some tasty Selenium tips by Unmesh Gundecha, author of the Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook. Unmesh will share with us a host of recipes for test automation success that will leave you saying “that was m’m! m’m! good automation awesomeness.”
About Unmesh Gundecha Author of The Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook
Unmesh Gundecha has a Master's Degree in Software Engineering and around 10 years of experience in Software Development and Testing. Unmesh has architected functional test automation projects using industry standard, in-house and custom test automation frameworks along with leading commercial and open source test automation tools. Presently he is working as Test Architect with a multinational company in Pune, India.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk with Unmesh Gundecha
- Automation is not testing — it supports testing
- Create automation so your testers can focus on interesting stuff
- Don't make things too complicated – stick to the basics when creating an automation framework
- Whats better jUnit or TestNG?
- Treat your automation code just like you would any other development effort
- Secrets to selenium test data management
- Do code reviews
- And much more!!
- Experiences of Test Automation: Case Studies of Software Test Automation
- Selenium 2 Testing Tools: Beginner's Guide
- Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide
- Richard Bradshaw – automation in testing video
- Geb – a groovy based Selenium automation framework
- RedwoodHQ – It is a free Open Source test automation framework that allows multiple users to develop automation code, create readable action/keyword driven test cases and execute them all under a single Web interface.
Connect with Unmesh
- Twitter: @upgundecha
- Unmesh's Blog:unmesh.me
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Can you tell which Selelnium open source framework Unmesh mentioned? I got the redwoodhq but didn’t get the first one?
Hi Kunal – Yes I believe it was GEB (http://www.gebish.org/) Geb is a browser automation solution.
It brings together the power of WebDriver, the elegance of jQuery content selection, the robustness of Page Object modelling and the expressiveness of the Groovy language.
It can be used for scripting, scraping and general automation — or equally as a functional/web/acceptance testing solution via integration with testing frameworks such as Spock, JUnit & TestNG.