Creating Selenium Automation Frameworks and Personally Branding
What does it take to create an industrial strength Selenium test automation framework? Join us as John Sonmez shares the tips and tricks he has learned over the years on how to create robust, easy- to-maintain test automation frameworks
John also talks about productivity tips and why it’s so important.
About John Sonmez
John Sonmez is the founder of Simple Programmer, a Pluralsight Author and Programmer, focused on making the complex simple.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
- Test engineers need to know how to program!
- Tests should be readable, because when tests fail there is a very small window in which to figure out why or what that test was doing. If you can’t figure it out, you usually end up deleting the test or the test becomes worthless.
- An automation framework is actually an application that tests another application.
- You must create layers when creating a test automation framework.
- Your tests should read like English.
- Tests are not code!
- Tests should read like business requirements.
- Management will kill your automation efforts if your tests break and are not maintainable or understandable.
- If you can’t maintain your tests, your automation efforts will inevitably fail.
- If it takes you just as long to debug a script as it would to debug an application manually, then the tests is worthless.
- Someone with minimal development experience should be able to use the automation framework to create tests.
- Make your test scripts express the problem domain of the system
- Start with the end in mind.
- Creating an Automated Testing Framework with Selenium Video Course
- Automated Testing with Selenium
- Get up and Code Podcast
- Secret to Ridiculous Productivity
- Want to learn the best way to boost your career? Check out John’s course How to Market Yourself as a Software Developer
Connect with John
Good to see info about framework. I have done a search for almost long time and found the below site as well along with your.
The below website has also provided a framework structure, folder representation and steps to follow to design and implement a framework