Test Management Collaboration
One of the biggest challenges I’ve seen for large teams all across the globe is a lack of collaboration. In this episode you’ll discover how to break down some of the barriers that separate your project management group, development group, business, and especially your QA group, and ensure that those teams are working as a unit with Sanjay Zalavadia, VP of Client Services at Zephyr.
Sanjay Zalavadia is responsible for driving custom success at Zephyr. This includes training, consulting, customer support and client management. Most recently, as the Associate Vice President for Patni Computers Telecoms IT Managed Services Practice, he established IT Operations teams supporting mobile content providers.
Sanjay brings more than 15 years of leadership experience in IT and Technical Support Services teams across multiple geographies for both large and small companies. Sanjay has a graduate degree from the Manipal Institute of Technology in India. When he’s not watching Arsenal FC, he’s coaching his son’s soccer team.
Quotes & Insights from this Test Talk
- One of the key factors for us in designing our solutions was to, number one, make it fairly simple for teams to be able to integrate their automation frameworks into our Zephyr solutions.
- The real the main goal of Agile methodologies is to really strive for a very, very, high level of collaboration amongst the entire project team. At the end of the day what you're really doing is breaking down all of the walls and barriers between the project management group, the development group, business, especially QA, et cetera, and ensuring that these teams are working as a unit.
- Some of the key things that we've done into the design of Zephyr enterprise specifically is to keep your ability to organize your testing work inside of Zephyr very, very, flexible.
- We are purely focused on test management solutions
- More than ninety percent of the functionality that's available in the enterprise edition of Zephyr is available in the community addition as well.
- One of the key differentiators of our product is that, not only are these metrics available, but, one, they are real-time metrics and they are not only available to the QA team that's logged into the Zephyr Enterprise solution, but through our free dashboards the entire project team now has visibility into these real-time metrics.
- Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams
- More Agile Testing: Learning Journeys for the Whole Team
May I Ask You For a Favor?
Thanks again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way, shape or form, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.
Special offer for TestTalks listeners, get 20 hours of automated testing for free when you sign-up with promo code testtalks14 (more info).